Situated at the base of the Pico Mount, this is a big beach and well visited due to its easy access.
The origin of the name is the Nª Sª da Conceição Fort of the XVIII century, which was transformed in a hospital by the end of the last century.
In 1925 the Italians of Italcable settled down at this beach for the installation of the telegraphic undersea cable, so originating its second name.
The italian village had three houses, sports court and a big leisure place, today very different.
At the high tides this beach is excellent for surfing. At low tides the sea is very calm, with a great walking sand extension surrounded by coconut palms.